Who we are
- The ENGIE ANZ Group comprises Australian subsidiaries of the ENGIE SA Group and other Australian based entities in which ENGIE SA holds majority ownership interest. This includes entities that are Australian subsidiaries of International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Ltd (which are held 72% by International Power Ltd. and 28% by Mitsui & Co., Ltd.).
This policy applies to all entities in the ENGIE ANZ Group except for:
Our commitment to protecting your privacy
- The ENGIE ANZ Group is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the requirements it imposes regarding the collection and management of personal information.
Types of information we may collect
- Personal information includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified or a reasonably identifiable individual.
- The type of personal information the ENGIE ANZ Group collects may depend on the type of dealings you have with us. This may include the following types of personal information:
- For employees: name, date of birth, contact details, emergency contacts, references, work history, qualifications, bank details and other types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former employees. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with employees. Health information is collected with the consent of the person concerned, from that person or by obtaining a medical assessment for that person.
- For contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts: [types of information businesses usually collect in relation to potential, current and former contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts. Such information may include your name, contact details, and details of services performed for and other interactions with ENGIE. This information is collected in the course of, and for the purposes of, selecting, engaging, dealing with and managing relations with contractors, consultants, agents, suppliers and business contacts.
- For users of our websites and information technology systems: information disclosed by personal users of the ENGIE ANZ Group’s information technology systems (which are typical systems which store data) including the ENGIE ANZ Group’s website at engie.com.au identifying the personal user in some way and collected in the ordinary course of the use of such systems by users. When a user visits the website a record of the user’s visit is made and the following types of information may be collected:
- your server address;
- your top level domain level, (e.g., .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the date, time and duration of your visit to the website;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded on the website;
- the details of the browser you use to access the website; and
- the address of any website that linked you directly to the website.
- If you email us, we may collect your email address and the details of the software you used to send the email and the path travelled by the email (as per all email messages). If you provide other information that can personally identify you, we may also collect that information and use it for the purpose of providing any services you request of us. Users of the ENGIE ANZ Group’s website and other information systems should be aware of the inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet generally.
- Like many other websites, “cookie” technology is used on the ENGIE ANZ Group’s website. “Cookies” are small files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements. The cookie does not obtain any personal information about users or provide us with any way to contact users, and the cookie does not extract any information from the user’s computer.
- Telephone conversation recordings: personal information contained in recordings of telephone conversations between representatives of ENGIE ANZ Group members and representatives of businesses with which an ENGIE ANZ Group member may deal or trade, collected at the time of those telephone conversations. This information is principally collected because the terms of some commercial transactions ENGIE ANZ Group members enter into become legally binding during telephone conversations between an ENGIE ANZ Group member’s representative and a representative of the ENGIE ANZ Group member’s counterparty. You will be notified prior to the commencement of any recording.
- For members of the public: personal information provided by members of the public collected for the purpose of sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations in which the ENGIE ANZ Group is involved.
Purposes for which information is collected and held
- ENGIE ANZ Group members collect and hold personal information for the purpose of conducting their businesses, including:
- complying with statutory obligations;
- assessing and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations;
- complying with internal policies of ENGIE ANZ Group members;
- making payments;
- investigating incidents;
- communicating with the individuals concerned;
- responding to queries from the individuals concerned;
- providing you with products and services you have requested from us;
- offering you products and services that you may be interested in;
- sponsoring or conducting community events, activities, forums and consultations;
- ensuring the content from our website is compatible, and presented in the most effective manner, with your computer.
How information is held
- Information may be held on paper and electronically. Information is stored in data storage systems which permit lawful access by only those officers, employees, consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers of ENGIE ANZ Group members who require access to the information to perform their functions.
When we may disclose information
- Sharing information within the ENGIE ANZ Group. Personal information, including health information, may be shared between ENGIE ANZ Group members. In limited circumstances, disclosure of information may also made to ENGIE SA and its subsidiaries, such as name, date of birth and address.
- Sharing information with others who assist us in providing services. The activities of ENGIE ANZ Group members are achieved with the assistance of consultants, contractors, agents and suppliers. An ENGIE ANZ Group member may disclose personal information to these third parties in the course of the performance of their duties and subject to appropriate privacy commitments.
- Disclosures required by law or during emergencies. It is conceivable that in an extreme situation – e.g., in the case of a health or safety threat – personal information could be disclosed if that is otherwise permissible or required under any law.
Do we disclose and store your personal information outside Australia?
- We may store personal information on servers located in Australia, as well as disclose and store personal information to ENGIE ANZ Group’s outsourced data processors, with data centres in Australia, European Union, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, UAE and USA. When we disclose personal information to service providers located overseas, we take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information is treated in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
Quality of information
- Personal information is not used or disclosed unless, relying on its internal practices, the relevant ENGIE ANZ Group member is confident that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. From time to time we may ask an individual to verify that the personal information we hold about the individual is correct. Individuals should let us know if they discover that personal information we hold about them is incorrect.
Rights of access and correction
- If you want to access or correct the personal information we hold about you, please contact the ENGIE ANZ Group’s privacy officer (see below).
- An ENGIE ANZ Group member will allow an individual access to personal information about the individual except to the extent that it is entitled to deny access under privacy law. The ENGIE ANZ Group member will also correct any such information which the individual establishes is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
What we do if we no longer require the information
- An ENGIE ANZ Group member will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information that it no longer needs for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed.
This policy may be updated
- If you would like further information, or if you have any comments or concerns or would like to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact the ENGIE ANZ Group’s privacy officer in writing on the contact details below. We will acknowledge any complaints in writing as soon as practicable, and respond to any complaints or inquiries within 30 days.
General Counsel ENGIE ANZ
GPO Box 4408, Melbourne, Victoria 3001
Ph: +61 3 9617-8400