Searching great energy plans for you

one moment...

Message Title

Message subtitle
Back to Help Centre

Deceased estates and bereavement support

Coping with the loss of a family member or friend is never easy. At this difficult time, our team are here to make dealing with your loved one’s energy account as simple as possible. 

Understand your options 

Transferring the energy account into a new name 

If you wish keep power or gas on at the property, we can transfer the account into a new name. We’ll need to speak to the person who will be taking over the account, so make sure they’re nearby when you call.

Cancelling the service

If power is no longer required at the property, we can arrange for the disconnection of supply and send the final bill to the estate.

Maintaining temporary supply 

If you need temporary supply at the property before the service is cancelled or transferred into another name, we can help organise this.

Who can make these changes?

To update the deceased customer’s account, you need to be authorised to act on their behalf. You could be: 

  • a primary or joint ENGIE account holder 
  • an executor of the deceased’s estate 
  • the deceased’s solicitor 
  • a trustee or business partner of the deceased.

If none of the above apply, please contact us.

How to notify us

You can call our customer care team on 13 88 08 (8am-7pm AEST Monday to Friday). It’s helpful to have the following information handy when you call: 

  • The deceased’s full name and contact details 
  • Property address 
  • ENGIE customer or account numbers (found on any ENGIE bill) 
  • The Executor’s details.

Didn’t find what you were looking for?

Enter your search topic here