A proud history and an even brighter future
The history of ENGIE began in the 1800’s at the height of the Industrial Revolution in France and Belgium. Since then, we’ve never stood still. We’ve diversified and shifted to low-carbon alternatives in response to changes in society and have continually strived to enhance the way we live our lives. ENGIE came to Australia in 1996, and we’re now part of communities all over Australia and New Zealand. Driven by our ambition to contribute to harmonious progress, we have taken up major global challenges such as the fight against global warming, access to energy for all, mobility, and offer our customers and communities energy and services solutions that promote new and better ways of living and working. In 2015, ENGIE brought together Trilogy Building Services, Spectrum Fire & Security, DESA, Cowley Services and Cofely Australia to provide customers with multi-disciplined building maintenance services managed by a single account manager.
- Trilogy Building Services, founded in 1970, was a national provider of HVAC, Refrigeration and Mechanical services in Australia.
- Spectrum Fire & Security was established in 2006 through the amalgamation of several successful fire protection businesses across Australia to form a stronger, national organisation.
- DESA was established in 1989 to provide a professional service of installing communications and electrical cabling systems to all market sectors in Australia and New Zealand.
- Established in 1956, Cowley has proudly earned a reputation as the market leader in Refrigeration and HVAC services in New Zealand.
- Cofely Australia was the Energy Services division of GDF SUEZ – a world leader in providing building maintenance services and energy solutions for over 40 years.
Universal Suez Canal Company formed
Gaz de France created
Cowley Services founded
Hazelwood Power Station Commences Generation
Trilogy Building Services founded
Cofely Australia founded
Loy Yang B commences power generation
Hazelwood Power Corporation formed
ENGIE comes to Australia
SUEZ and Gaz de France merge to firm GDF SUEZ
Hazelwood Power Corporation rebrands to International Power
GDF SUEZ acquires International Power
GDF SUEZ rebrands to ENGIE
ENGIE Services created
ENGIE brought together Trilogy Building Services, Spectrum Fire & Security, DESA, Cowley Services and Cofely Australia